Morning Show Podcasts
April 23, 2019 Spring Birding and Idaho GIves
Join Tuesday KRFY Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn for two timely interviews. First we hear from Brian Baxter, wildlife instructor, Silver Cloud Associates with an update on the Spring changes happening in our local bird populations. Then we change gears to learn about Idaho Gives, May 2, 2019. Dennison Webb, Executive Director of Selkirk Outdoor Leadership and Education and Mandy Evans, Executive DIrector of the Panhandle Animal Shelter explain the benefits of using this online donation day to give to Idaho non-profits.
Thursday, April 18, 2019: Festival at Sandpoint
Wednesday, April 17, 2019: High School students and teacher showcasing Chasing Coral – Interview with David Barsamian
The Wednesday edition of the Morning Show included a live interview with high school students - Freddy Libby and Wyatt Waud along with their science teacher, John Hastings. They talked about the importance of science in solving climate change along with the status of ocean coral and the upcoming award winning movie - Chasing Coral. A second recorded interview with David Barsamian, the host of the nationally syndicated radio show, Alternative Radio, was included.
April 16, 2019 Earth Week: Sandpoint 6th graders and Pend Oreille Waterkeepers
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn for two conversations about Earth Day activities. First we talk with 6th grade teacher Ann Dickenson and two of her students - Payton Polhemus and Gavan Miles. The Washington Elementary 6th grade class participated in a "Design for Change" project. Their recycling project is award winning and will take them to Rome, Italy later this year. Our second guest, Sharon Bosley from Pend Oreille Waterkeepers offers details for the annual Sand Creek Clean-up on April 20th. Sharon also gives us an update on Waterkeeper's monitoring projects and other upcoming events.
April 11, 2019: Murder Mystery Gala
Wednesday, April 10, 2019: Earth Week news – 3/4 Minus Cykeltur gravel ride
Morning Show hosts Chris and Suzy sat down with Mike Bauer from the East Bonner County Library to get a run down on all the upcoming Earth Week activities. A second interview with Jason Meshberg and Charles Mortensen from Syringa Cyclery and Pend Oreille Pedalers, organizers of the upcoming 3/4 Minus Cykeltur - a gravel ride.
April 9, 2019 Idaho Trails Association with president Tom Dabrowski
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn in a lively discussion with Tom Dabrowski, President of the Idaho Trails Association. Tom describes the organization, its impressive growth, and the many opportunities available to meet fellow hikers, learn new trails, and improve recreation in the Panhandle and across the state.
April 4, 2019: U of I Nonprofit Leadership
Bob Over, Director of the University of Idaho Nonprofit Leadership Program, and Shery Meekings, Executive Director of Creations on the Cedar Street Bridge join Jim and Jack to talk about the ongoing course in Nonprofit Leadership at the U of I and the upcoming seminar in Sandpoint focusing on Board development.
Wednesday, April 3: Community Garden and Farmer’s Market
April 2, 2019 Bonner County Gardeners Association and School/Community Gardens
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Julie Kallemeyn and Phil Hough to learn from Manuela Eiring about everything happening with the Bonner County Gardeners Association. MIchele Murphree offers a great update on the school garden program and all the new community gardens happening in our area. It will put you in the mood to get your hands hands dirty!
Catch our podcasts on iTunes. If you have iTunes on your computer or mobile device, you can now subscribe to the KRFY podcasts! Click to launch iTunes»
Conversations on Living and Dying Well: This series is produced and presented by Lissa DeFreitas from Bonner Community Hospice.
- Part 1 of 4: Hospice 1
- Part 2 of 4: Hospice 2
- Part 2 Addendum
- Part 3 of 4: Hospice 3
- Part 4 of 4: Hospice 4
Special event podcasts: KRFY broadcasters occasionally get out into the community for remote live broadcasts at events, for which we provide the reported podcasts here.
- October 23, 2018: Candidate’s forum for November 2018 General Election»
- May 8, 2018: Candidate’s forum for May 2018 Primary Election»
- Oct 30, 2017: Candidates’ forum for Sandpoint City Council»
Water Is Life: A four-part series dedicated to “water”. Listen and explore the many aspects of “water” featuring interview with experts in science, health, and environment – locally and globally.
- August 29, 2018: Week 1 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 5, 2018: Week 2 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 12, 2018: Week 3 – Water Use
- September 19, 2018: Week 4 – WATER IS LIFE
Between the Notes: In this series, host Suzy Prez dives into the lives and minds of musicians, featuring live interviews and original music with songwriters and singers locally, and from across the country.
- Sept 26, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Devon Wade»
- Sept 1, 2017: Honeysuckle»
- Mar 17, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Mike Wagoner»
- Mar 7, 2017: Portland’s Anna Tivel with Josh Hedland»
- Jan 17, 2017: ‘Paranormal Daves,’ aka Dave Hussey and Dave Gunter»
- Nov 30, 2016: Psychedelic surf doom, The Moods»
- Oct 6, 2015: Local musicians Baregrass»
- June 26, 2015: Singer-storyteller John Craigie»
- June 24, 2015: Local duo Owen & McCoy»
- May 19, 2015: Local duo Rough Shod»
- May 13, 2015: Holly McGarry and Honeysuckle»
- May 5, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Landis»
- Apr 28, 2015: Singer and songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Apr 21, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Lantrip»
- Apr 14, 2015: Tammy & Dave Gunter, Bridges Home»
- Apr 7, 2015: Singer, songwriter, poet Jackie Henrion»
KRFY’s Live & Local: Airing Tuesdays 7-8 p.m., host Suzy Prez explores the North Idaho music scene in open mic style, with interviews and live songs from local and visiting musicians.
- Nov. 1, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Oct. 11, 2016: Touring Portland singer-songwriter Jeffrey Martin»
- Sept. 23, 2016: Luminescent local singer-songwriter Holly McGarry»
- Aug. 29, 2016: Singer-songwriter Tara Velarde»
- May 13, 2016: Frequent visiting musician, writer and storyteller John Cragie»
- March 28, 2016: Missoula’s musical duo Nate Vernon and Bethany Joyce of Ovando»
- March 28, 2016: Local singer-songwrier Jake Robin»
- March 22, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Emily Baker»
- March 8, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Rob Kincaid & Amy Craven»
- March 1, 2016: Local guitarists and songwriters Dave Hussey & Bruce Bishop»
- Feb. 23, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Feb. 16, 2016: Local musicians Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Feb. 9, 2016: Songwriter, and singer since the 1960s, Ken Mayginnes»
- Feb. 2, 2016: Local duo Roughshod, Desiree Aguirre and Fiddlin’ Red»
- Jan. 26, 2016: Music, talk with Beth Pederson and Betsy Hammett»
- Jan. 19, 2016: From The Groove Black, local musician Brandon Waterson»
- Jan. 12, 2016: Locals Ben Olson, Cadie Archer and Vance Bergeson»
- Jan. 5, 2016: Singer-songwriters Josh Hedund and Justin Landis»
KRFY Interviews: Our broadcasters often welcome community figures, musicians, artists and guests into the station for live interviews. We post the podcasts for listeners to hear at their convenience. Click to listen:
- Dec. 18, 2015: Lil’ Smokies, banjo-fired newgrass»
- Nov. 27, 2015: Laurie and Katelyn, aka Shook Twins»
- Nov. 20, 2015: Musicians for Reader Fundraiser Show»
- Nov 16, 2015: Gary Payton, Jean Gerth, on climate summit and citizen response to global warming»
- Sept 11, 2015: Patricia White, Ron Ragone, Panida»
- July 29, 2015: American Lab Theater, int’l players»
- July 8, 2015: Red Hot Patriot, star & director»
- Mar 24, 2015: Josh Hedlund & Friends, singers»
- Feb 24, 2015: Justin Landis, of Cedar & Boyer»
- Feb 24, 2015: Loren Albright, Don Childress of TU»
- Jan 9, 2015: Bruce Bishop, local instrumentalist»
- Nov 21, 2014: Jeff Crosby, visiting singer-songwriter»
- July 15, 2014: Robin King, Yaak Valley Forest Council»
- May 14, 2014: Anish Anderson, audacious hiker»
- May 6, 2014: Sandy Compton, Friends of Scotchman»
- Mar 14, 2014: Ruth Klinginsmith, Music Conservatory»
Thinking Outside the Box: Sandpoint’s Ken Casler produces this original show airing Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Ken and guests explore topics on holistic living, healing and health, with discussions that “go beyond the norm and into the unknown.” Click to visit his website, or click to hear podcasts:
- May 5, 2014: Leslie Villelli’s Daily Dose of Happiness»
- April 14, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- April 7, 2014: Inside the process with Ken Casler»
- Mar 17, 2014: Dr. Frederic Wiedemann of Flash Shift»
- Mar 10, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- Feb 16, 2014: Leslie Villelli of the Happiness Project»
- Feb 11, 2014: Ali Hakala on culinary gardening»
- Jan 27, 2014: Dawnya Clarine, transformative music»
- Jan 20, 2014: Sarah Rusnak on Forrest Yoga»