Morning Show Podcasts
Aug 15, 2019: Unknown Locals and Woodstock
Chris Herron and Madeline Elliot from the Unknown Locals theater group join Jack and Carrie for a discussion of local theater, and then Woodstock (1969) attendees Jim Akers and John Dibble reminisce about the big even 50 years after the fact, in preparation for the big movie presentation at the Panida Theater.
Wednesday, August 14, 2019: Morning Show guests were Woodstock attendees.
August 13, 2019 University of Idaho Extension in Bonner and Boundary Counties (plus memories of Woodstock)
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Julie Kallemeyn and Jennifer Lemke in a timely conversation With University of Idaho Extension educators Jennifer Jensen and Kate painter. Topics include services offered, upcoming classes, events, and more. Plus a short interview with Gloria Ray, about her experience at Woodstock 50 years ago.
Aug 8, 2019: Gleaning for the Food Bank
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 – Guests: Lake Pend Oreille School District Superintendent, Tom Albertson, and Director of Teaching and Learning, Andra Murray.
August 6, 2019 Artist’s Studio Tour
Join Tuesday Morning Show hosts Julie Kallemeyn and Julie Perchynski to learn all about this year's Artist's Studio Tour. A unique experience for art lovers, it offers an intimate and inspiring look into the artists workplaces. It is also an opportunity to observe and interact with them as they work.
August 1, 2019: Bella Noté Musical Spectacular
Rachel Gordon of Bella Noté Music Studios, and a plethora of local and international musicians join Jim and Jack to discuss the Music Bridges Borders program and the upcoming concert dates at the Tango Café and the Festival at Sandpoint. Then, its a half hour of live classical music, direct from the Tiki Room.
July 30, 2019 Bonner County Fairgrounds
Wednesday, July 24, 2019: Crista Falk – Gold Award Girl Scout & Brian Newberry, CEO Girl Scouts. Second interview: Rebecca Hawkins – Community Gardens
Suzy Prez hosted two Morning Show interviews. First interview with Gold Award girl scout Crista Falk, along with North Idaho and Eastern Washington Girl Scout Organization CEO Brian Newberry. Second interview with Rebecca Hawkins from Christ Our Redeemer Lutheran Church about the new community garden and orchard on Pine street next to the church.
July 16, 2019 Round Lake State Park’s many opportunities
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Julie Kallemeyn and Carrie Logan to learn about everything going on at Round Lake State Park. Manager Mary McGraw and Park Ranger Bart Gutke share great information about the many recreational opportunities at the park. Additionally, we learn about weekly educational programs and ongoing research projects.
Catch our podcasts on iTunes. If you have iTunes on your computer or mobile device, you can now subscribe to the KRFY podcasts! Click to launch iTunes»
Conversations on Living and Dying Well: This series is produced and presented by Lissa DeFreitas from Bonner Community Hospice.
- Part 1 of 4: Hospice 1
- Part 2 of 4: Hospice 2
- Part 2 Addendum
- Part 3 of 4: Hospice 3
- Part 4 of 4: Hospice 4
Special event podcasts: KRFY broadcasters occasionally get out into the community for remote live broadcasts at events, for which we provide the reported podcasts here.
- October 23, 2018: Candidate’s forum for November 2018 General Election»
- May 8, 2018: Candidate’s forum for May 2018 Primary Election»
- Oct 30, 2017: Candidates’ forum for Sandpoint City Council»
Water Is Life: A four-part series dedicated to “water”. Listen and explore the many aspects of “water” featuring interview with experts in science, health, and environment – locally and globally.
- August 29, 2018: Week 1 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 5, 2018: Week 2 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 12, 2018: Week 3 – Water Use
- September 19, 2018: Week 4 – WATER IS LIFE
Between the Notes: In this series, host Suzy Prez dives into the lives and minds of musicians, featuring live interviews and original music with songwriters and singers locally, and from across the country.
- Sept 26, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Devon Wade»
- Sept 1, 2017: Honeysuckle»
- Mar 17, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Mike Wagoner»
- Mar 7, 2017: Portland’s Anna Tivel with Josh Hedland»
- Jan 17, 2017: ‘Paranormal Daves,’ aka Dave Hussey and Dave Gunter»
- Nov 30, 2016: Psychedelic surf doom, The Moods»
- Oct 6, 2015: Local musicians Baregrass»
- June 26, 2015: Singer-storyteller John Craigie»
- June 24, 2015: Local duo Owen & McCoy»
- May 19, 2015: Local duo Rough Shod»
- May 13, 2015: Holly McGarry and Honeysuckle»
- May 5, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Landis»
- Apr 28, 2015: Singer and songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Apr 21, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Lantrip»
- Apr 14, 2015: Tammy & Dave Gunter, Bridges Home»
- Apr 7, 2015: Singer, songwriter, poet Jackie Henrion»
KRFY’s Live & Local: Airing Tuesdays 7-8 p.m., host Suzy Prez explores the North Idaho music scene in open mic style, with interviews and live songs from local and visiting musicians.
- Nov. 1, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Oct. 11, 2016: Touring Portland singer-songwriter Jeffrey Martin»
- Sept. 23, 2016: Luminescent local singer-songwriter Holly McGarry»
- Aug. 29, 2016: Singer-songwriter Tara Velarde»
- May 13, 2016: Frequent visiting musician, writer and storyteller John Cragie»
- March 28, 2016: Missoula’s musical duo Nate Vernon and Bethany Joyce of Ovando»
- March 28, 2016: Local singer-songwrier Jake Robin»
- March 22, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Emily Baker»
- March 8, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Rob Kincaid & Amy Craven»
- March 1, 2016: Local guitarists and songwriters Dave Hussey & Bruce Bishop»
- Feb. 23, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Feb. 16, 2016: Local musicians Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Feb. 9, 2016: Songwriter, and singer since the 1960s, Ken Mayginnes»
- Feb. 2, 2016: Local duo Roughshod, Desiree Aguirre and Fiddlin’ Red»
- Jan. 26, 2016: Music, talk with Beth Pederson and Betsy Hammett»
- Jan. 19, 2016: From The Groove Black, local musician Brandon Waterson»
- Jan. 12, 2016: Locals Ben Olson, Cadie Archer and Vance Bergeson»
- Jan. 5, 2016: Singer-songwriters Josh Hedund and Justin Landis»
KRFY Interviews: Our broadcasters often welcome community figures, musicians, artists and guests into the station for live interviews. We post the podcasts for listeners to hear at their convenience. Click to listen:
- Dec. 18, 2015: Lil’ Smokies, banjo-fired newgrass»
- Nov. 27, 2015: Laurie and Katelyn, aka Shook Twins»
- Nov. 20, 2015: Musicians for Reader Fundraiser Show»
- Nov 16, 2015: Gary Payton, Jean Gerth, on climate summit and citizen response to global warming»
- Sept 11, 2015: Patricia White, Ron Ragone, Panida»
- July 29, 2015: American Lab Theater, int’l players»
- July 8, 2015: Red Hot Patriot, star & director»
- Mar 24, 2015: Josh Hedlund & Friends, singers»
- Feb 24, 2015: Justin Landis, of Cedar & Boyer»
- Feb 24, 2015: Loren Albright, Don Childress of TU»
- Jan 9, 2015: Bruce Bishop, local instrumentalist»
- Nov 21, 2014: Jeff Crosby, visiting singer-songwriter»
- July 15, 2014: Robin King, Yaak Valley Forest Council»
- May 14, 2014: Anish Anderson, audacious hiker»
- May 6, 2014: Sandy Compton, Friends of Scotchman»
- Mar 14, 2014: Ruth Klinginsmith, Music Conservatory»
Thinking Outside the Box: Sandpoint’s Ken Casler produces this original show airing Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Ken and guests explore topics on holistic living, healing and health, with discussions that “go beyond the norm and into the unknown.” Click to visit his website, or click to hear podcasts:
- May 5, 2014: Leslie Villelli’s Daily Dose of Happiness»
- April 14, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- April 7, 2014: Inside the process with Ken Casler»
- Mar 17, 2014: Dr. Frederic Wiedemann of Flash Shift»
- Mar 10, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- Feb 16, 2014: Leslie Villelli of the Happiness Project»
- Feb 11, 2014: Ali Hakala on culinary gardening»
- Jan 27, 2014: Dawnya Clarine, transformative music»
- Jan 20, 2014: Sarah Rusnak on Forrest Yoga»