Morning Show Podcasts
Page 1 -- Next Page »
Wednesday, March 13, 2019: Levy results with Cameron Rasmusson – second interview with Forrest Bird Charter School personnel.
Chris Bessler and Suzy Prez sat down with Cameron Rasmusson, editor of the Sandpoint Reader, to breakdown the March 12 levy vote results. A second recorded interview with Forrest Bird Charter School administrator Mary Jensen, principal Jennifer Greve, and social studies teacher Todd Claunch was presented.
March 12, 2019 Listening to Bonner County
KRFY's Tuesday Morning Show host Julie Kallemeyn interviewed 3 University of Utah students - Emily Seang, Taylor Greenwell, Angela Tran, and their professor Dr. Stephen Goldsmith from the University of Utah, department of City and Metropolitan Planning. The university of Utah group was joined by Carol Curtis and Daniel Shlaferman, committee members for Project 7B. Carol and Daniel talked about Project 7B's participation in facilitating the student's travel and accommodations during their stay.
March 5, 2019 Chemical free weed control for farms and gardens
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn to learn about chemical free techniques for weed control on the farm and in the garden. Diane Green is an educator and owner of Greentree Naturals Organic Garden north of Sandpoint. Paul Herndon is the owner of Pleasant Meadow Creamery, a raw milk dairy in Sagle. Diane and Paul talk about their most successful methods to control weeds without the use of chemical herbicides.
Wednesday, March 6, 2019: Lake Pend Oreille School District with Levy Info. – and Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeeper – Rail Bridge Info.
Morning Show hosts Chris Bessler and Suzy Prez presented a recorded interview with Lake Pend Oreille School District administrator Shawn Woodward, and trustee Geraldine Lewis about the upcoming school levy. A second interview with Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeeper, executive director Shannon Williamson,about the proposed BNSF rail bridge expansion project and how the public can access information and give input.
Wednesday, February 27, 2019: Digital Disconnect – Chafe 150 Gran Fondo
Morning Show hosts Chris Bessler and Suzy Prez presented a recorded interview with author and narrator of Digital Disconnect, Professor Robert McChesney. Mike Bauer from the East Bonner County Library helped introduce the interview and talked about the evening library presentation of the movie and community discussion - Digital Disconnect. A second interview with Elana Westphal and Mel Dick, organizers of the 2019 CHAFE 150 Gran Fondo bike ride highlighted this years event.
February 26, 2019 Burbot recovery efforts on the Kootenai River
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Julie Kallemeyn and Phil Hough to learn about the Burbot or Freshwater Cod recovery project on the Kootenai River. Guests Shawn Young, Kootenai Tribes Aquaculture Program Manager and T.J. Ross, Senior Fishery Research Biologist share information about this extremely successful collaboration and the opening of a 2019 fishing season.
Thursday, February 21, 2019: “My Favorite Toy Was Dirt” – Panida – Non-profit Leadership Program
Wednesday, February 20: Digital Disconnect – Grad Night Auction
February 19, 2019 Leadership Sandpoint
Feb 14, 2019 – Heart Health for Valentine’s Day
Catch our podcasts on iTunes. If you have iTunes on your computer or mobile device, you can now subscribe to the KRFY podcasts! Click to launch iTunes»
Conversations on Living and Dying Well: This series is produced and presented by Lissa DeFreitas from Bonner Community Hospice.
- Part 1 of 4: Hospice 1
- Part 2 of 4: Hospice 2
- Part 2 Addendum
- Part 3 of 4: Hospice 3
- Part 4 of 4: Hospice 4
Special event podcasts: KRFY broadcasters occasionally get out into the community for remote live broadcasts at events, for which we provide the reported podcasts here.
- October 23, 2018: Candidate’s forum for November 2018 General Election»
- May 8, 2018: Candidate’s forum for May 2018 Primary Election»
- Oct 30, 2017: Candidates’ forum for Sandpoint City Council»
Water Is Life: A four-part series dedicated to “water”. Listen and explore the many aspects of “water” featuring interview with experts in science, health, and environment – locally and globally.
- August 29, 2018: Week 1 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 5, 2018: Week 2 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 12, 2018: Week 3 – Water Use
- September 19, 2018: Week 4 – WATER IS LIFE
Between the Notes: In this series, host Suzy Prez dives into the lives and minds of musicians, featuring live interviews and original music with songwriters and singers locally, and from across the country.
- Sept 26, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Devon Wade»
- Sept 1, 2017: Honeysuckle»
- Mar 17, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Mike Wagoner»
- Mar 7, 2017: Portland’s Anna Tivel with Josh Hedland»
- Jan 17, 2017: ‘Paranormal Daves,’ aka Dave Hussey and Dave Gunter»
- Nov 30, 2016: Psychedelic surf doom, The Moods»
- Oct 6, 2015: Local musicians Baregrass»
- June 26, 2015: Singer-storyteller John Craigie»
- June 24, 2015: Local duo Owen & McCoy»
- May 19, 2015: Local duo Rough Shod»
- May 13, 2015: Holly McGarry and Honeysuckle»
- May 5, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Landis»
- Apr 28, 2015: Singer and songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Apr 21, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Lantrip»
- Apr 14, 2015: Tammy & Dave Gunter, Bridges Home»
- Apr 7, 2015: Singer, songwriter, poet Jackie Henrion»
KRFY’s Live & Local: Airing Tuesdays 7-8 p.m., host Suzy Prez explores the North Idaho music scene in open mic style, with interviews and live songs from local and visiting musicians.
- Nov. 1, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Oct. 11, 2016: Touring Portland singer-songwriter Jeffrey Martin»
- Sept. 23, 2016: Luminescent local singer-songwriter Holly McGarry»
- Aug. 29, 2016: Singer-songwriter Tara Velarde»
- May 13, 2016: Frequent visiting musician, writer and storyteller John Cragie»
- March 28, 2016: Missoula’s musical duo Nate Vernon and Bethany Joyce of Ovando»
- March 28, 2016: Local singer-songwrier Jake Robin»
- March 22, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Emily Baker»
- March 8, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Rob Kincaid & Amy Craven»
- March 1, 2016: Local guitarists and songwriters Dave Hussey & Bruce Bishop»
- Feb. 23, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Feb. 16, 2016: Local musicians Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Feb. 9, 2016: Songwriter, and singer since the 1960s, Ken Mayginnes»
- Feb. 2, 2016: Local duo Roughshod, Desiree Aguirre and Fiddlin’ Red»
- Jan. 26, 2016: Music, talk with Beth Pederson and Betsy Hammett»
- Jan. 19, 2016: From The Groove Black, local musician Brandon Waterson»
- Jan. 12, 2016: Locals Ben Olson, Cadie Archer and Vance Bergeson»
- Jan. 5, 2016: Singer-songwriters Josh Hedund and Justin Landis»
KRFY Interviews: Our broadcasters often welcome community figures, musicians, artists and guests into the station for live interviews. We post the podcasts for listeners to hear at their convenience. Click to listen:
- Dec. 18, 2015: Lil’ Smokies, banjo-fired newgrass»
- Nov. 27, 2015: Laurie and Katelyn, aka Shook Twins»
- Nov. 20, 2015: Musicians for Reader Fundraiser Show»
- Nov 16, 2015: Gary Payton, Jean Gerth, on climate summit and citizen response to global warming»
- Sept 11, 2015: Patricia White, Ron Ragone, Panida»
- July 29, 2015: American Lab Theater, int’l players»
- July 8, 2015: Red Hot Patriot, star & director»
- Mar 24, 2015: Josh Hedlund & Friends, singers»
- Feb 24, 2015: Justin Landis, of Cedar & Boyer»
- Feb 24, 2015: Loren Albright, Don Childress of TU»
- Jan 9, 2015: Bruce Bishop, local instrumentalist»
- Nov 21, 2014: Jeff Crosby, visiting singer-songwriter»
- July 15, 2014: Robin King, Yaak Valley Forest Council»
- May 14, 2014: Anish Anderson, audacious hiker»
- May 6, 2014: Sandy Compton, Friends of Scotchman»
- Mar 14, 2014: Ruth Klinginsmith, Music Conservatory»
Thinking Outside the Box: Sandpoint’s Ken Casler produces this original show airing Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Ken and guests explore topics on holistic living, healing and health, with discussions that “go beyond the norm and into the unknown.” Click to visit his website, or click to hear podcasts:
- May 5, 2014: Leslie Villelli’s Daily Dose of Happiness»
- April 14, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- April 7, 2014: Inside the process with Ken Casler»
- Mar 17, 2014: Dr. Frederic Wiedemann of Flash Shift»
- Mar 10, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- Feb 16, 2014: Leslie Villelli of the Happiness Project»
- Feb 11, 2014: Ali Hakala on culinary gardening»
- Jan 27, 2014: Dawnya Clarine, transformative music»
- Jan 20, 2014: Sarah Rusnak on Forrest Yoga»