Morning Show Podcasts
Page 1 -- Next Page »
March 11, 2020: Library and Idaho Writers League Contest
Morning Show hosts Chris Bessler and Suzy Prez interviewed Mike Bauer, coordinator of the Life Long Learning and Adult Education Program at the East Bonner County Library, along with Mame Cudd, vice-president of the Idaho Writers League, about the upcoming writers contests and other library program offerings.
March 10, 2020 Otter Education Opportunity
Please join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn to learn about upcoming events for three active non-profits in our area. Shelby Herber, Community Engagement Assistant for the Idaho Conseervation League, Cami Murray, Outreach & Development Coordinator for the Kaniksu Land Trust, and Kathleen St. Clair-McGee, founder and board President for the American Heritage Wildlife Foundation first tell us about and upcoming event at the Little Panida Theater featuring Dr. Wayne Melquist, renowned Otter researcher. They finish the hour with the many other important upcoming events and programs in 2020.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020: Forrest Bird Charter School
March 3, 2020 Bonner County Election Central
Wednesday, February 26, 2020: Marcia Wilson from Panhandle Alliance For Education
Wed., February 19, 2020: Bonner Community Housing Agency and Bonner Breakdown
Listen here to Morning Show hosts Chris and Suzy interview with Chris Bassett, director of the Bonner Community Housing Agency, about the work this local organization does and the help they offer home buyers and renters. They also discussed a new community podcast, Bonner Breakdown, that is being launched.
February 18, 2020 Winter Education Opportunities
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn to learn about interesting classes available this Winter/Spring. First Idaho Master Naturalists Clem Yonkers and Pat Meyers explain their many courses. Then we hear about the Bonner County Gardeners Association's membership and Home Horticulture series. Both will have you wanting to learn new information and skills for 2020.
February 12, 2020: Return Retreats and Love Letters
Morning Show host Suzy Prez talked with the director and founder of Return Retreats, Katie Begalke. Return retreats is a new non-profit serving and supporting women and also the newest KRFY Underwriter. A second recorded interview with the director, producer and actors of the upcoming play at the Panida - Love Letters was also presented.
February 11, 2020 Idaho Fish and Game update
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn for an interview with Kiira Siitari, Regional Communications Manager of Idaho Fish and Game. Kiira does a great job updating us regarding ongoing studies, fish and game management, and upcoming opportunities to offer input to the department.
Wed., February 5, 2020: City of Sandpoint
Ongoing! An interim show to stand in for KRFY’s live-broadcast Morning Show while the KRFY studio is closed for COVID-19 precautions, Community Conversations airs with pre-recorded interviews each Tuesday and Thursday at 8 a.m.
- June 17, 2021: Two segments, first an update recent court decisions on the proposed Rock Creek Mine with Mary Costello, the executive director of the Rock Creek Alliance; and support for individuals and families dealing with mental health issues, with Dawn Meera, president of NAMI Far North, and Catherine Perusse, a certified counselor and treasurer of NAMI. Click to listen.
- June 15, 2021: Outdoor recreation as therapy for veterans, with Kristi Bahr Ruben, recreation therapist at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center and writer on suicide prevention among veterans. Click to listen.
- June 10, 2021: Review of 2021 Idaho Legislative session, with Sen. Jim Woodward, Rep. Sage Dixon and Rep. Heather Scott. Click to listen.
- June 8, 2021: The Pacific Northwest Resilient Landscapes Initiative and other programs, with Cara Nielsen and Kristi Scott of the Idaho Community Foundation. Click to listen.
- May 20, 2021: Local employers face critical shortages in hiring, exacerbated by the housing market. Roundtable discussion with Russ Bowen of Kodiak Aircraft; Justin Dick of Trinity at City Beach; Jill Bentley of Kochava; and Kate McAlister, president of the Greater Sandpoint Chamber. Click to listen.
- May 18, 2021: A hike on the Centennial Trail to benefit the Ethan Murray Fund, supporting mental health, homeless and addiction services, with Justine Murray and Matt Connery. Click to listen.
- May 13, 2021: Candidates for the Pend Oreille Hospital District Board of Trustees, with the two incumbents, Helen Parsons and Dr. Tom Lawrence, and the three challengers for those seats, Julie Berreth, Dodie Glass and Jessie Peters. Click to listen.
- May 11, 2021: Kids’ outdoor programs, with Gail Bolin, Waterlife Discovery Center; Bill Love, chapter president of Panhandle Trout Unlimited; and Luz Chase, TU Bull Trout Coordinator. Click to listen.
- May 6, 2021: Library trustee candidates in upcoming May 18 election; separate interviews with Jeanine Asche, Amy Flint, Jalon Peters and Kathy Rose. Click to listen.
- May 4, 2021: The Not One More Vet organization and the epidemic of suicides among veterinarians, with Dr. Celeste Boatwright and Dr. Laura Talaga. Click to listen.
- April 29, 2021: It’s a two-topic show, first with Keely Gray of the LPO Rep theater group; and then at the 20-minute mark, West Bonner County Schools Superintendent Paul Anselmo and Financial Manager Jennifer Anselmo on the upcoming West Bonner levy vote. Click to listen.
- April 27, 2021: Fighting addiction, and treatment options, with Dr. Bob Rust and patient and friend, Allison. Click to listen.
- April 22, 2021: It’s a two-subject show: First segment is with Linnis Jelinek and Denise Stewart of the Sandpoint Community Resource Center; then Teresa Pesce and Keely Gray telling of the Art as Theater auditions. Click to listen.
- April 20, 2021: Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeeper guests Steve Holt and Carolyn Knaak talk about LPOW’s current happenings. Click to listen.
- April 15, 2021: Aaron McMurray and Amy Voeller of the Innovia Foundation discuss the nonprofit group’s grants to local organizations, plus Innovia’s new 5% Transfer of Wealth campaign. Click to listen.
- April 13, 2021: ‘Tis the time of year when phenology takes front and center – that is, the “science of the seasons,” observing the seasonal changes we can see in our plants and animals – and Erin Posthumus of the USA National Phenology Network gives a primer. Click to listen.
- April 8, 2021: Going behind the scenes of the popular Songs Voices Poems show that airs weekly on KRFY, with show host Jackie Henrion. Click to listen.
- April 6, 2021: City Nature Challenge and other upcoming offerings from the East Bonner County Library, with Mike Bauer from EBCL. Click to listen.
- April 1, 2021: Panida Theater board member Jim Healey on free Easter films; plus local issues of growth, wise planning and the Zoom Boom with Project 7B advocates Susan Drumheller and Carol Curtis. Click to listen.
- March 30, 2021: Trail Projects and the Idaho Trails Association, with ITA President Tom Dabrowski and new Executive Director Mel Vining. Click to listen.
- March 25, 2021: Elder care during the COVID-19 pandemic, with Executive Director Suzanne Vega LPN, Resident Care Director Terri Gardner, and Resident Care Nurse Jennifer Adamson of the Bridge at Sandpoint Assisted Living. Click to listen.
- March 23, 2021: Trout and their habitat, with Trout Unlimited Chapter President Bill Love, and new TU National Project Manager Erin Plue. Click to listen.
- March 18, 2021: POAC and the Panida Theater, with Tone Lund, director and Dyno Wahl, production administrator for the Pend Oreille Arts Council, and Keely Gray from the Panida. Click to listen.
- March 16, 2021: Winter Wildlands Alliance Programs, with Hilary Eisen, policy director and David Page, advocacy director of the Winter Wildlands Alliance. Click to listen.
- March 11, 2021: Idaho Legislature, with District 1 Rep. Sage Dixon and Sen. Jim Woodward. Click to listen.
- March 9, 2021: Spring fishery management update with Andy Dux, Idaho Fish and Game regional fishery manager. Click to listen.
- March 4, 2021: Author and publisher Sandy Compton discusses his new book “The Dog With His Head on Sideways,” and other topics. Click to listen.
- March 2, 2021: Pend Oreille Chapter Idaho Master Naturalists, with board members Patrick Meyers and Mary Haley. Click to listen.
- February 25, 2021: KRFY live broadcasts begin anew after pandemic hiatus, with show hosts Jim Healey, Mike Bauer, Don Childress and John Rohyans. Click to listen.
- February 24, 2021: Senate Bill 1110 to stiffen requirements for state initiatives and referendums, with former Idaho Supreme Court Chief Justice Jim Jones and Reclaim Idaho co-founder Luke Mayville. Click to listen.
- February 23, 2021: Kinnikinnick Native Plant Society and City Nature Challenge, with Preston Andrews of KNPS and Mike Bauer and George Gehrig, organizers of the Nature Challenge. Click to listen.
- February 18, 2021: City of Sandpoint projects and news, with Mayor Shelby Rognstad and City Administrator Jennifer Stapleton. Click to listen.
- February 16, 2021: Round Lake State Park and “Mustelids and More,” with Park Manager Mary McGraw and Ranger Bart Gutke. Click to listen.
- February 11, 2021: Community Assistance League and the Bizarre Bazaar, with CAL President Toni Sommer. Click to listen.
- February 9, 2021: Bonner and Boundary County UI Extension programs, with Bonner Extension Educator Jennifer Jensen, Horticulture and Small Acreage Farms; and Boundary Extension Educator Kate Painter, Agriculture. Click to listen.
- February 4, 2021: The Better Together Animal Alliance, aka the former Panhandle Animal Shelter – with Executive Director Mandy Evans, VP Board of Directors Kelli West and Storytelling Specialist Lisa Gerber. Click to listen.
- February 2, 2021: Sandpoint Nordic Club, with president and head race team coach Ross Longhini, and board member and youth coach Renee Nigon. Click to listen.
- January 28, 2021: The BGH COVID-19 Response Team, with Director of Diagnostic Imaging Daniel Holland; and Trisha Mayhew, registered nurse for risk management. Click to listen.
- January 26, 2021: Wildlife, with Kara Campbell, wildlife biologist and IDFG Panhandle regional communications manager. Click to listen.
- January 21, 2021: COVID-19 and vaccine rollout, with Panhandle Health District public information officer, Katherine Hoyer. Click to listen.
- January 19, 2021: Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative and Vital Ground Foundation, with Jessie Grossman of Y2Y and Mitch Doherty if VGF. Click to listen.
- January 14, 2021: Lake Pend Oreille School District, with Superintendent Tom Albertson and Chief Financial Officer Lisa Hals. Click to listen.
- January 12, 2021: Kaniksu Land Trust, with Executive Director Katie Egland, Conservation Director Regan Plumb and new Director of Communications Marcy Timblin. Click to listen.
- January 7, 2021: District 1 legislators discuss the upcoming 2021 session, with Sen. Jim Woodward, Rep. Heather Scott and Rep. Sage Dixon. Click to listen.
- January 5, 2021: Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness 16th anniversary, with Kelsey Maxwell, FSPW Communications and Outreach Coordinator and Henry Jorden, FSPW Lincoln County Outreach Coordinator. Click to listen.
- December 31, 2020: For the last day of the year, a fond (or not-so-fond) Year in Review with local journalists, Keith Kinnaird of the Daily Bee, and Ben Olson and Lyndsie Kiebert of the Sandpoint Reader. Click to listen.
- December 22, 2020: Nonprofit funding partners for North Idaho, with United Way of North Idaho Executive Director Mark Tucker and Innovia Foundation Regional Engagement Manager Amy Voeller. Click to listen.
- December 17, 2020: Our annual Reason for the Season show, examining the meaning of Christmas, this year with Pastor Lori Morton of First Lutheran Church, Father Sleeva Raju of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church and Pastor Eric Rust of Cedar Hills Church. Click to listen.
- December 15, 2020: Round Lake and Farragut state parks, with managers Mary McGraw and Liz Palfini. Click to listen.
- December 10, 2020: Music Conservatory and its Fall Serenade radio show, with Karin Wedemeyer and John Fitzgerald. Click to listen.
- December 8, 2020: Annual Audubon Christmas bird count with local coordinator Rich Del Carlo and Jon Isacoff, birder and Gonzaga University professor. Click to listen.
- December 1, 2020: Toys for Tots and Giving Tuesday, with Janice Radar of Sandpoint Lions Club, Steve Holt of Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeepers and Britta Mireley of Friends of Scotchman Peaks. Click to listen.
- November 24, 2020: Schweitzer Mountain with Dig Chrismer, marketing manager. Click to listen.
- November 19, 2020: Bonner Community Food Bank with Debbie Love, executive director. Click to listen.
- November 17, 2020: Women who fight fires with Deb Flowers, USDA Zone Fuels assistant fire management officer, and Megan Saylors, Redmond Hotshots squad leader. Click to listen.
- November 12, 2020: Gateway and Natural Amenity Region Initiative, or GNAR, with founder (and SHS grad) Danya Rumore. Click to listen.
- November 10, 2020: Thru hiking, with author and hiker Derick Lugo, and Britta Mireley of Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness. Click to listen.
- November 5, 2020: Election recap and analysis of results in local races, with Zach Hagadone of the Sandpoint Reader and Bill Davis of the Bonner County Daily Bee. Click to listen.
- October 29, 2020: Halloween special radio show and production, with Ricci Witte, Kate McAlister and Jack Peterson. Click to listen.
- October 27, 2020: Public Lands 101, with Holly Weiler of the Washington Trails Association and writer for Out There Outdoors magazine. Click to listen.
- October 22, 2020: Pine Street Woods nordic event, with Allison France of the Sandpoint Nordic Club and Rick Price, Pine Street Woods Outdoor Center Coordinator. Click to listen.
- October 20, 2020: Fall fisheries update, with Andy Dux, Idaho Department of Fish and Game regional fishery manager. Click to listen.
- October 15, 2020: Idaho House Seat B candidates, with incumbent Republican Sage Dixon, Democrat Stephen Howlett and write-in candidate Dan Rose. Click to listen.
- October 13, 2020: Feral cats, with Devin Laundrie and Dr. Emily Pellatt of Panhandle Animal Shelter, plus Sandpoint animal control officer Angela Tennison. Click to listen.
- October 8, 2020: District 1 Bonner County Commissioner candidates, incumbent Republican Steven Bradshaw and Democratic candidate Steve Johnson. Click to listen.
- October 6, 2020: Panida Theater with Foster Cline, Panida board secretary; Teresa Pesce, board member; Patricia Walker, executive director. Click to listen.
- October 1, 2020: Bonner County Sheriff candidate interviews, with Democratic candidate Cindy Marx. Incumbent Republican Daryl Wheeler did not participate. Click to listen.
- September 29, 2020: Fall recreation with Tammy Campbell, Gary Scruggs and Charles Mortensen. Click to listen.
- September 24, 2020: District 1 Legislature candidate interviews, with Senator Jim Woodward and Representative Heather Scott; their opponents declined to participate. Click to listen.
- September 23, 2020: Special edition on the 2020 Census, provided with support from the LOR Foundation. Interviews with Misty Slater of U.S. Census Bureau; Ponderay Mayor Steve Geiger; Dover Mayor Mike Davis; and Sandpoint Mayor Shelby Rognstad. Click to listen.
- September 22, 2020: Adventure Cats, with editor Laura Moss. Click to listen.
- September 17, 2020: Veterans Services with Bonner County Veteran Services Officer Bryan Hult. Click to listen.
- September 16, 2020: Special edition on the 2020 Census, provided with support from the LOR Foundation. Interviews with Misty Slater of U.S. Census Bureau; County Commissioner Dan McDonald; LPOSD Superintendent Tom Albertson; and State Senator Jim Woodward. Click to listen.
- September 15, 2020: Cross-country bike ride, with rider Mel Dick on the road. Click to listen.
- September 10, 2020: How, when and where to vote for the November 3 election, with Bonner County election officers Michael Rosedale and T.J. Eidler; and National Voter Registration Day September 22 with East Bonner County Library’s Mike Bauer. Click to listen.
- September 8, 2020: Leave No Trace outdoor practices, with Ben Lawhon of the Center for Outdoor Ethics. Click to listen.
- September 3, 2020: Proposed changes to the Bonner County mining ordinance that would eliminate public hearings on certain mining-related operations, with Carol Curtis of Project 7B and Jonna Plante of Citizens Against Linscott Interstate Asphalt Plant. Click to listen.
- September 1, 2020: Gardening and plant ideas from Janae Dale of Bonner County Gardeners and Preston Andrews with Kinnikinnick Native Plant Society. Click to listen.
- August 27, 2020: Local COVID 19 update, with nurse practitioners Nichole Grimm and Cynthia Dalsing, and Erin Binnall of Bonner General Health. Click to listen.
- August 25, 2020: Online trail mapping resources, with Joshua Simpson, the Wilderness, Trails and Recreation Manager for Payette National Forest; and Pam Bond, Idaho Trails Association. Click to listen.
- August 20, 2020: Local author Mindy Cameron on her new book “Leaving the Boys.” Click to listen.
- August 18, 2020: Local Wildlife Management Areas with Idaho Fish and Game’s Kiira Siitari and Robert Akins. Click to listen.
- August 13, 2020: Lake Pend Oreille School District reopening plan, with Tom Albertson and Andra Murray. Click to listen.
- August 11, 2020: East Bonner Library, with Judy Meyers and Kimber Glidden. Click to listen.
- August 6, 2020: Rock Creek Mine, with Mary Costello and John Edwards of Rock Creek Alliance. Click to listen.
- August 4, 2020: Precious pollinators, with Xerces Society conservation biologist Rich Hatfield. Click to listen.
- July 30, 2020: Behind the scenes at KRFY, with broadcasters Jim Healey and Bernie Moser. Click to listen.
- July 28, 2020: Wildlife research technology, with PhD’s Sophie Gilbert of University of Idaho and Mark Ditmer, University of Michigan. Click to listen.
- July 23, 2020: Invest in Idaho initiative, with Luke Mayville and Rebecca Schroeder of Reclaim Idaho. Click to listen.
- July 21, 2020: Summer reads, with Marcia Vanderford of Vanderford’s Books and Vanessa Velez from East Bonner County Library. Click to listen.
- July 16, 2020: Community COVID response and status with nurse practitioners Nicole Grimm and Cynthia Dalsing. Click to listen.
- July 14, 2020: North Idaho wildlife with Brian Brooks from the Idaho Wildlife Federation. Click to listen.
- July 9, 2020: Behind the scenes at KRFY, with broadcasters Jackie Henrion and John and JoAnn Rohyans. Click to listen.
- July 7, 2020: Panhandle Forest Collaborative, with Ben Irey of the National Forest Foundation and Liz Johnson-Gebhardt, Priest Community Forest Connection. Click to listen.
- July 2, 2020: Downtown since COVID-19, with Deanna Harris of Sharon’s Hallmark; Justin Dick of Trinity at City Beach and Jalapeño’s Mexican Restaurant; Lindsey Larson of Larson’s Department Store; Shery Meekings of Creations and Carousel on the Cedar Street Bridge; and Claire Christy of POAC. Click to listen.
- June 29, 2020: Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeeper, with Steve Holt and Travis Dickson. Click to listen.
- June 25, 2020: Ospreys and raptors with Janie Veltkamp of Birds of Prey Northwest. Click to listen.
- June 23, 2020: Trail talk with Tom Dabrowski of Idaho Trails Association plus Britta Mireley and Autumn Lear of Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness. Click to listen.
- June 16, 2020: Summer camps, with Cami Murray of Kaniksu Land Trust and Tim Corcoran of Twin Eagles Wilderness School. Click to listen.
- June 11, 2020: Panhandle Animal Shelter with Mandy Evans. Click to listen.
- June 9, 2020: Upper Pack River Market with Barbara Nunke; and Gear Talk with Liz Thomas and Naomi Hudetz. Click to listen.
- June 4, 2020: Primary election results, with Bonner County chief election officer Michael Rosedale; Sandpoint Reader editor Zach Hagadone; and Bonner County Daily Bee publisher Bill Davis. Click to listen.
- June 2, 2020: Hiking and biking trails, with Herbert Klein of Monday Hikers; and bicyclists Mel Dick of CHAFE 150, Charles Mortensen of 3/4 Minus Cycletur; and Jason Welker, Pend Oreille Pedalers. Click to listen.
- May 26, 2020: Open for Business segment with Charles Mortensen of Syringa Cyclery; Round Lake State Park Manager Mary McGraw and Ranger Bart Gutke. Click to listen.
- May 21: City matters, with Sandpoint Mayor Shelby Rognstad and City Administrator Jennifer Stapleton. Click to listen.
- May 19: Open for Business segments with Diane Green of Greentree Naturals, Kathy Osborne of Co-op Country Store. Click to listen.
- May 14: State Representative District 7 primary candidates, Republican, Cornel Rasor and Charlie Shepherd. Click to listen.
- May 12: ‘Open for Business‘ talk with Sandpoint Chamber President Kate McAlister; International Selkirk Loop director Stephanie Sims. Click to listen.
- May 7: State Representative District 1 primary candidates, Republican, incumbent Sage Dixon and challenger Gary Suppiger. Click to listen.
- May 5: Mental Health Awareness Month, with Amanda Thomas of Integrative Approach; Joy Jansen, Lake Pend Oreille School District; Dion Heller, Bonner County Youth Mental Health Collaborative. Click to listen.
- April 30: Bonner County Commissioner primary candidates, Republican, incumbent Steven Bradshaw and challenger Butch Horton. Click to listen.
- April 28, 2020: Growing season with Dennis Moore of The Flower Farm and Kellie Burt from the Sandpoint Farmers Market. Click to listen.
- April 23, 2020: Economic impacts of COVID-19. Kate McAlister of the Sandpoint Chamber; Andrea Marcoccio of Bonner County EDC; Brad Williams of WSS CPAs; Aaron McMurray, Innovia Foundation. Click to listen.
- April 21, 2020: Recreation options in the age of COVID. Katie Egland Cox of Kaniksu Land Trust; Jeff Thompson of North Idaho Trails Coalition; Jennifer Stapleton, City of Sandpoint. Click to listen.
- April 16, 2020: Dr. Hans Hurt of Bonner General Health; Bonner County Clerk Michael Rosedale and Elections Supervisor Charlie Wurm. Click to listen.
- April 14, 2020: Kiira Siitari of Idaho Department of Fish and Game. Click to listen
On Living and Dying Well: Series presented by Lissa DeFreitas from Bonner Community Hospice.
- Part 1 of 4: Hospice 1
- Part 2 of 4: Hospice 2
- Part 2 Addendum
- Part 3 of 4: Hospice 3
- Part 4 of 4: Hospice 4
Special event podcasts: KRFY broadcasters occasionally get out into the community for remote live broadcasts at events, for which we provide the reported podcasts here.
- October 23, 2018: Candidate’s forum for November 2018 General Election»
- May 8, 2018: Candidate’s forum for May 2018 Primary Election»
- Oct 30, 2017: Candidates’ forum for Sandpoint City Council»
Water Is Life: A four-part series dedicated to “water”. Listen and explore the many aspects of “water” featuring interview with experts in science, health, and environment – locally and globally.
- August 29, 2018: Week 1 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 5, 2018: Week 2 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 12, 2018: Week 3 – Water Use
- September 19, 2018: Week 4 – WATER IS LIFE
Between the Notes: In this series, host Suzy Prez dives into the lives and minds of musicians, featuring live interviews and original music with songwriters and singers locally, and from across the country.
- Sept 26, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Devon Wade»
- Sept 1, 2017: Honeysuckle»
- Mar 17, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Mike Wagoner»
- Mar 7, 2017: Portland’s Anna Tivel with Josh Hedland»
- Jan 17, 2017: ‘Paranormal Daves,’ aka Dave Hussey and Dave Gunter»
- Nov 30, 2016: Psychedelic surf doom, The Moods»
- Oct 6, 2015: Local musicians Baregrass»
- June 26, 2015: Singer-storyteller John Craigie»
- June 24, 2015: Local duo Owen & McCoy»
- May 19, 2015: Local duo Rough Shod»
- May 13, 2015: Holly McGarry and Honeysuckle»
- May 5, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Landis»
- Apr 28, 2015: Singer and songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Apr 21, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Lantrip»
- Apr 14, 2015: Tammy & Dave Gunter, Bridges Home»
- Apr 7, 2015: Singer, songwriter, poet Jackie Henrion»
KRFY’s Live & Local: Airing Tuesdays 7-8 p.m., host Suzy Prez explores the North Idaho music scene in open mic style, with interviews and live songs from local and visiting musicians.
- Nov. 1, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Oct. 11, 2016: Touring Portland singer-songwriter Jeffrey Martin»
- Sept. 23, 2016: Luminescent local singer-songwriter Holly McGarry»
- Aug. 29, 2016: Singer-songwriter Tara Velarde»
- May 13, 2016: Frequent visiting musician, writer and storyteller John Cragie»
- March 28, 2016: Missoula’s musical duo Nate Vernon and Bethany Joyce of Ovando»
- March 28, 2016: Local singer-songwrier Jake Robin»
- March 22, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Emily Baker»
- March 8, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Rob Kincaid & Amy Craven»
- March 1, 2016: Local guitarists and songwriters Dave Hussey & Bruce Bishop»
- Feb. 23, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Feb. 16, 2016: Local musicians Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Feb. 9, 2016: Songwriter, and singer since the 1960s, Ken Mayginnes»
- Feb. 2, 2016: Local duo Roughshod, Desiree Aguirre and Fiddlin’ Red»
- Jan. 26, 2016: Music, talk with Beth Pederson and Betsy Hammett»
- Jan. 19, 2016: From The Groove Black, local musician Brandon Waterson»
- Jan. 12, 2016: Locals Ben Olson, Cadie Archer and Vance Bergeson»
- Jan. 5, 2016: Singer-songwriters Josh Hedund and Justin Landis»
KRFY Interviews: Our broadcasters often welcome community figures, musicians, artists and guests into the station for live interviews. We post the podcasts for listeners to hear at their convenience. Click to listen:
- Dec. 18, 2015: Lil’ Smokies, banjo-fired newgrass»
- Nov. 27, 2015: Laurie and Katelyn, aka Shook Twins»
- Nov. 20, 2015: Musicians for Reader Fundraiser Show»
- Nov 16, 2015: Gary Payton, Jean Gerth, on climate summit and citizen response to global warming»
- Sept 11, 2015: Patricia White, Ron Ragone, Panida»
- July 29, 2015: American Lab Theater, int’l players»
- July 8, 2015: Red Hot Patriot, star & director»
- Mar 24, 2015: Josh Hedlund & Friends, singers»
- Feb 24, 2015: Justin Landis, of Cedar & Boyer»
- Feb 24, 2015: Loren Albright, Don Childress of TU»
- Jan 9, 2015: Bruce Bishop, local instrumentalist»
- Nov 21, 2014: Jeff Crosby, visiting singer-songwriter»
- July 15, 2014: Robin King, Yaak Valley Forest Council»
- May 14, 2014: Anish Anderson, audacious hiker»
- May 6, 2014: Sandy Compton, Friends of Scotchman»
- Mar 14, 2014: Ruth Klinginsmith, Music Conservatory»
Thinking Outside the Box: Sandpoint’s Ken Casler produces this original show airing Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Ken and guests explore topics on holistic living, healing and health, with discussions that “go beyond the norm and into the unknown.” Click to visit his website, or click to hear podcasts:
- May 5, 2014: Leslie Villelli’s Daily Dose of Happiness»
- April 14, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- April 7, 2014: Inside the process with Ken Casler»
- Mar 17, 2014: Dr. Frederic Wiedemann of Flash Shift»
- Mar 10, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- Feb 16, 2014: Leslie Villelli of the Happiness Project»
- Feb 11, 2014: Ali Hakala on culinary gardening»
- Jan 27, 2014: Dawnya Clarine, transformative music»
- Jan 20, 2014: Sarah Rusnak on Forrest Yoga»