Morning Show Podcasts
Page 1 -- Next Page »
March 11, 2020: Library and Idaho Writers League Contest
Morning Show hosts Chris Bessler and Suzy Prez interviewed Mike Bauer, coordinator of the Life Long Learning and Adult Education Program at the East Bonner County Library, along with Mame Cudd, vice-president of the Idaho Writers League, about the upcoming writers contests and other library program offerings.
March 10, 2020 Otter Education Opportunity
Please join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn to learn about upcoming events for three active non-profits in our area. Shelby Herber, Community Engagement Assistant for the Idaho Conseervation League, Cami Murray, Outreach & Development Coordinator for the Kaniksu Land Trust, and Kathleen St. Clair-McGee, founder and board President for the American Heritage Wildlife Foundation first tell us about and upcoming event at the Little Panida Theater featuring Dr. Wayne Melquist, renowned Otter researcher. They finish the hour with the many other important upcoming events and programs in 2020.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020: Forrest Bird Charter School
March 3, 2020 Bonner County Election Central
Wednesday, February 26, 2020: Marcia Wilson from Panhandle Alliance For Education
Wed., February 19, 2020: Bonner Community Housing Agency and Bonner Breakdown
Listen here to Morning Show hosts Chris and Suzy interview with Chris Bassett, director of the Bonner Community Housing Agency, about the work this local organization does and the help they offer home buyers and renters. They also discussed a new community podcast, Bonner Breakdown, that is being launched.
February 18, 2020 Winter Education Opportunities
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn to learn about interesting classes available this Winter/Spring. First Idaho Master Naturalists Clem Yonkers and Pat Meyers explain their many courses. Then we hear about the Bonner County Gardeners Association's membership and Home Horticulture series. Both will have you wanting to learn new information and skills for 2020.
February 12, 2020: Return Retreats and Love Letters
Morning Show host Suzy Prez talked with the director and founder of Return Retreats, Katie Begalke. Return retreats is a new non-profit serving and supporting women and also the newest KRFY Underwriter. A second recorded interview with the director, producer and actors of the upcoming play at the Panida - Love Letters was also presented.
February 11, 2020 Idaho Fish and Game update
Join KRFY Tuesday Morning Show hosts Phil Hough and Julie Kallemeyn for an interview with Kiira Siitari, Regional Communications Manager of Idaho Fish and Game. Kiira does a great job updating us regarding ongoing studies, fish and game management, and upcoming opportunities to offer input to the department.
Wed., February 5, 2020: City of Sandpoint
New! An interim show while the KRFY studio is closed for COVID-19 precautions, Community Conversations airs with pre-recorded interviews each Tuesday and Thursday at 8 a.m.
- October 27, 2020: Public Lands 101, with Holly Weiler of the Washington Trails Association and writer for Out There Outdoors magazine. Click to listen.
- October 22, 2020: Pine Street Woods nordic event, with Allison France of the Sandpoint Nordic Club and Rick Price, Pine Street Woods Outdoor Center Coordinator. Click to listen.
- October 20, 2020: Fall fisheries update, with Andy Dux, Idaho Department of Fish and Game regional fishery manager. Click to listen.
- October 15, 2020: Idaho House Seat B candidates, with incumbent Republican Sage Dixon, Democrat Stephen Howlett and write-in candidate Dan Rose. Click to listen.
- October 13, 2020: Feral cats, with Devin Laundrie and Dr. Emily Pellatt of Panhandle Animal Shelter, plus Sandpoint animal control officer Angela Tennison. Click to listen.
- October 8, 2020: District 1 Bonner County Commissioner candidates, incumbent Republican Steven Bradshaw and Democratic candidate Steve Johnson. Click to listen.
- October 6, 2020: Panida Theater with Foster Cline, Panida board secretary; Teresa Pesce, board member; Patricia Walker, executive director. Click to listen.
- October 1, 2020: Bonner County Sheriff candidate interviews, with Democratic candidate Cindy Marx. Incumbent Republican Daryl Wheeler did not participate. Click to listen.
- September 29, 2020: Fall recreation with Tammy Campbell, Gary Scruggs and Charles Mortensen. Click to listen.
- September 24, 2020: District 1 Legislature candidate interviews, with Senator Jim Woodward and Representative Heather Scott; their opponents declined to participate. Click to listen.
- September 23, 2020: Special edition on the 2020 Census, provided with support from the LOR Foundation. Interviews with Misty Slater of U.S. Census Bureau; Ponderay Mayor Steve Geiger; Dover Mayor Mike Davis; and Sandpoint Mayor Shelby Rognstad. Click to listen.
- September 22, 2020: Adventure Cats, with editor Laura Moss. Click to listen.
- September 17, 2020: Veterans Services with Bonner County Veteran Services Officer Bryan Hult. Click to listen.
- September 16, 2020: Special edition on the 2020 Census, provided with support from the LOR Foundation. Interviews with Misty Slater of U.S. Census Bureau; County Commissioner Dan McDonald; LPOSD Superintendent Tom Albertson; and State Senator Jim Woodward. Click to listen.
- September 15, 2020: Cross-country bike ride, with rider Mel Dick on the road. Click to listen.
- September 10, 2020: How, when and where to vote for the November 3 election, with Bonner County election officers Michael Rosedale and T.J. Eidler; and National Voter Registration Day September 22 with East Bonner County Library’s Mike Bauer. Click to listen.
- September 8, 2020: Leave No Trace outdoor practices, with Ben Lawhon of the Center for Outdoor Ethics. Click to listen.
- September 3, 2020: Proposed changes to the Bonner County mining ordinance that would eliminate public hearings on certain mining-related operations, with Carol Curtis of Project 7B and Jonna Plante of Citizens Against Linscott Interstate Asphalt Plant. Click to listen.
- September 1, 2020: Gardening and plant ideas from Janae Dale of Bonner County Gardeners and Preston Andrews with Kinnikinnick Native Plant Society. Click to listen.
- August 27, 2020: Local COVID 19 update, with nurse practitioners Nichole Grimm and Cynthia Dalsing, and Erin Binnall of Bonner General Health. Click to listen.
- August 25, 2020: Online trail mapping resources, with Joshua Simpson, the Wilderness, Trails and Recreation Manager for Payette National Forest; and Pam Bond, Idaho Trails Association. Click to listen.
- August 20, 2020: Local author Mindy Cameron on her new book “Leaving the Boys.” Click to listen.
- August 18, 2020: Local Wildlife Management Areas with Idaho Fish and Game’s Kiira Siitari and Robert Akins. Click to listen.
- August 13, 2020: Lake Pend Oreille School District reopening plan, with Tom Albertson and Andra Murray. Click to listen.
- August 11, 2020: East Bonner Library, with Judy Meyers and Kimber Glidden. Click to listen.
- August 6, 2020: Rock Creek Mine, with Mary Costello and John Edwards of Rock Creek Alliance. Click to listen.
- August 4, 2020: Precious pollinators, with Xerces Society conservation biologist Rich Hatfield. Click to listen.
- July 30, 2020: Behind the scenes at KRFY, with broadcasters Jim Healey and Bernie Moser. Click to listen.
- July 28, 2020: Wildlife research technology, with PhD’s Sophie Gilbert of University of Idaho and Mark Ditmer, University of Michigan. Click to listen.
- July 23, 2020: Invest in Idaho initiative, with Luke Mayville and Rebecca Schroeder of Reclaim Idaho. Click to listen.
- July 21, 2020: Summer reads, with Marcia Vanderford of Vanderford’s Books and Vanessa Velez from East Bonner County Library. Click to listen.
- July 16, 2020: Community COVID response and status with nurse practitioners Nicole Grimm and Cynthia Dalsing. Click to listen.
- July 14, 2020: North Idaho wildlife with Brian Brooks from the Idaho Wildlife Federation. Click to listen.
- July 9, 2020: Behind the scenes at KRFY, with broadcasters Jackie Henrion and John and JoAnn Rohyans. Click to listen.
- July 7, 2020: Panhandle Forest Collaborative, with Ben Irey of the National Forest Foundation and Liz Johnson-Gebhardt, Priest Community Forest Connection. Click to listen.
- July 2, 2020: Downtown since COVID-19, with Deanna Harris of Sharon’s Hallmark; Justin Dick of Trinity at City Beach and Jalapeño’s Mexican Restaurant; Lindsey Larson of Larson’s Department Store; Shery Meekings of Creations and Carousel on the Cedar Street Bridge; and Claire Christy of POAC. Click to listen.
- June 29, 2020: Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeeper, with Steve Holt and Travis Dickson. Click to listen.
- June 25, 2020: Ospreys and raptors with Janie Veltkamp of Birds of Prey Northwest. Click to listen.
- June 23, 2020: Trail talk with Tom Dabrowski of Idaho Trails Association plus Britta Mireley and Autumn Lear of Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness. Click to listen.
- June 16, 2020: Summer camps, with Cami Murray of Kaniksu Land Trust and Tim Corcoran of Twin Eagles Wilderness School. Click to listen.
- June 11, 2020: Panhandle Animal Shelter with Mandy Evans. Click to listen.
- June 9, 2020: Upper Pack River Market with Barbara Nunke; and Gear Talk with Liz Thomas and Naomi Hudetz. Click to listen.
- June 4, 2020: Primary election results, with Bonner County chief election officer Michael Rosedale; Sandpoint Reader editor Zach Hagadone; and Bonner County Daily Bee publisher Bill Davis. Click to listen.
- June 2, 2020: Hiking and biking trails, with Herbert Klein of Monday Hikers; and bicyclists Mel Dick of CHAFE 150, Charles Mortensen of 3/4 Minus Cycletur; and Jason Welker, Pend Oreille Pedalers. Click to listen.
- May 26, 2020: Open for Business segment with Charles Mortensen of Syringa Cyclery; Round Lake State Park Manager Mary McGraw and Ranger Bart Gutke. Click to listen.
- May 21: City matters, with Sandpoint Mayor Shelby Rognstad and City Administrator Jennifer Stapleton. Click to listen.
- May 19: Open for Business segments with Diane Green of Greentree Naturals, Kathy Osborne of Co-op Country Store. Click to listen.
- May 14: State Representative District 7 primary candidates, Republican, Cornel Rasor and Charlie Shepherd. Click to listen.
- May 12: ‘Open for Business‘ talk with Sandpoint Chamber President Kate McAlister; International Selkirk Loop director Stephanie Sims. Click to listen.
- May 7: State Representative District 1 primary candidates, Republican, incumbent Sage Dixon and challenger Gary Suppiger. Click to listen.
- May 5: Mental Health Awareness Month, with Amanda Thomas of Integrative Approach; Joy Jansen, Lake Pend Oreille School District; Dion Heller, Bonner County Youth Mental Health Collaborative. Click to listen.
- April 30: Bonner County Commissioner primary candidates, Republican, incumbent Steven Bradshaw and challenger Butch Horton. Click to listen.
- April 28, 2020: Growing season with Dennis Moore of The Flower Farm and Kellie Burt from the Sandpoint Farmers Market. Click to listen.
- April 23, 2020: Economic impacts of COVID-19. Kate McAlister of the Sandpoint Chamber; Andrea Marcoccio of Bonner County EDC; Brad Williams of WSS CPAs; Aaron McMurray, Innovia Foundation. Click to listen.
- April 21, 2020: Recreation options in the age of COVID. Katie Egland Cox of Kaniksu Land Trust; Jeff Thompson of North Idaho Trails Coalition; Jennifer Stapleton, City of Sandpoint. Click to listen.
- April 16, 2020: Dr. Hans Hurt of Bonner General Health; Bonner County Clerk Michael Rosedale and Elections Supervisor Charlie Wurm. Click to listen.
- April 14, 2020: Kiira Siitari of Idaho Department of Fish and Game. Click to listen
On Living and Dying Well: Series presented by Lissa DeFreitas from Bonner Community Hospice.
- Part 1 of 4: Hospice 1
- Part 2 of 4: Hospice 2
- Part 2 Addendum
- Part 3 of 4: Hospice 3
- Part 4 of 4: Hospice 4
Special event podcasts: KRFY broadcasters occasionally get out into the community for remote live broadcasts at events, for which we provide the reported podcasts here.
- October 23, 2018: Candidate’s forum for November 2018 General Election»
- May 8, 2018: Candidate’s forum for May 2018 Primary Election»
- Oct 30, 2017: Candidates’ forum for Sandpoint City Council»
Water Is Life: A four-part series dedicated to “water”. Listen and explore the many aspects of “water” featuring interview with experts in science, health, and environment – locally and globally.
- August 29, 2018: Week 1 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 5, 2018: Week 2 – WATER IS LIFE
- September 12, 2018: Week 3 – Water Use
- September 19, 2018: Week 4 – WATER IS LIFE
Between the Notes: In this series, host Suzy Prez dives into the lives and minds of musicians, featuring live interviews and original music with songwriters and singers locally, and from across the country.
- Sept 26, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Devon Wade»
- Sept 1, 2017: Honeysuckle»
- Mar 17, 2017: Local singer-songwriter Mike Wagoner»
- Mar 7, 2017: Portland’s Anna Tivel with Josh Hedland»
- Jan 17, 2017: ‘Paranormal Daves,’ aka Dave Hussey and Dave Gunter»
- Nov 30, 2016: Psychedelic surf doom, The Moods»
- Oct 6, 2015: Local musicians Baregrass»
- June 26, 2015: Singer-storyteller John Craigie»
- June 24, 2015: Local duo Owen & McCoy»
- May 19, 2015: Local duo Rough Shod»
- May 13, 2015: Holly McGarry and Honeysuckle»
- May 5, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Landis»
- Apr 28, 2015: Singer and songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Apr 21, 2015: Singer and songwriter Justin Lantrip»
- Apr 14, 2015: Tammy & Dave Gunter, Bridges Home»
- Apr 7, 2015: Singer, songwriter, poet Jackie Henrion»
KRFY’s Live & Local: Airing Tuesdays 7-8 p.m., host Suzy Prez explores the North Idaho music scene in open mic style, with interviews and live songs from local and visiting musicians.
- Nov. 1, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Oct. 11, 2016: Touring Portland singer-songwriter Jeffrey Martin»
- Sept. 23, 2016: Luminescent local singer-songwriter Holly McGarry»
- Aug. 29, 2016: Singer-songwriter Tara Velarde»
- May 13, 2016: Frequent visiting musician, writer and storyteller John Cragie»
- March 28, 2016: Missoula’s musical duo Nate Vernon and Bethany Joyce of Ovando»
- March 28, 2016: Local singer-songwrier Jake Robin»
- March 22, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Emily Baker»
- March 8, 2016: Local singer-songwriters Rob Kincaid & Amy Craven»
- March 1, 2016: Local guitarists and songwriters Dave Hussey & Bruce Bishop»
- Feb. 23, 2016: Local singer-songwriter Patrice Webb»
- Feb. 16, 2016: Local musicians Kevin Dorin and Pete Hicks»
- Feb. 9, 2016: Songwriter, and singer since the 1960s, Ken Mayginnes»
- Feb. 2, 2016: Local duo Roughshod, Desiree Aguirre and Fiddlin’ Red»
- Jan. 26, 2016: Music, talk with Beth Pederson and Betsy Hammett»
- Jan. 19, 2016: From The Groove Black, local musician Brandon Waterson»
- Jan. 12, 2016: Locals Ben Olson, Cadie Archer and Vance Bergeson»
- Jan. 5, 2016: Singer-songwriters Josh Hedund and Justin Landis»
KRFY Interviews: Our broadcasters often welcome community figures, musicians, artists and guests into the station for live interviews. We post the podcasts for listeners to hear at their convenience. Click to listen:
- Dec. 18, 2015: Lil’ Smokies, banjo-fired newgrass»
- Nov. 27, 2015: Laurie and Katelyn, aka Shook Twins»
- Nov. 20, 2015: Musicians for Reader Fundraiser Show»
- Nov 16, 2015: Gary Payton, Jean Gerth, on climate summit and citizen response to global warming»
- Sept 11, 2015: Patricia White, Ron Ragone, Panida»
- July 29, 2015: American Lab Theater, int’l players»
- July 8, 2015: Red Hot Patriot, star & director»
- Mar 24, 2015: Josh Hedlund & Friends, singers»
- Feb 24, 2015: Justin Landis, of Cedar & Boyer»
- Feb 24, 2015: Loren Albright, Don Childress of TU»
- Jan 9, 2015: Bruce Bishop, local instrumentalist»
- Nov 21, 2014: Jeff Crosby, visiting singer-songwriter»
- July 15, 2014: Robin King, Yaak Valley Forest Council»
- May 14, 2014: Anish Anderson, audacious hiker»
- May 6, 2014: Sandy Compton, Friends of Scotchman»
- Mar 14, 2014: Ruth Klinginsmith, Music Conservatory»
Thinking Outside the Box: Sandpoint’s Ken Casler produces this original show airing Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Ken and guests explore topics on holistic living, healing and health, with discussions that “go beyond the norm and into the unknown.” Click to visit his website, or click to hear podcasts:
- May 5, 2014: Leslie Villelli’s Daily Dose of Happiness»
- April 14, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- April 7, 2014: Inside the process with Ken Casler»
- Mar 17, 2014: Dr. Frederic Wiedemann of Flash Shift»
- Mar 10, 2014: Alan Berger of Neighborgoods.net»
- Feb 16, 2014: Leslie Villelli of the Happiness Project»
- Feb 11, 2014: Ali Hakala on culinary gardening»
- Jan 27, 2014: Dawnya Clarine, transformative music»
- Jan 20, 2014: Sarah Rusnak on Forrest Yoga»